THE BEST MAN ....... ( IN SWITHRAAS'S LIFE)



The day was long, like a woven thread it went. It is easily the happiest day in my life.  We had taken off from college, me, neha, saranya, vinu and raj. I know they had planned something for me but I wasn’t sure on what they had planned. We drove into the highways and raj was racing like a racer on track.
It is my birthday and my best friends had made it my best day.  Their surprise was something but then raj gave me the most wonderful gift. He kissed me on lips and said he love me! Isn’t it something? It is na ………………
I FELT I AM EVERYTHING THEN…………………. BUT IT ALL CHANGED ONCE I ENTERED THE HOUSE…………………. HE WAS SITTING THERE WITH TV ON IN HIS ARM CHAIR…………HIS MERE SIGHT CHANGED EVERYTHING……………
I guess he slept off, let me sneak into the room.
“You there miss….Stop”
Arrr ….. I am caught………
Now his big lectures and shouting……………..
Why he has to be like this?
Can’t he remember least it’s my birthday today?
Yeah it is late,………..but I am back home.
Yeah iam drunk………………….but only a little……
And yeah that stupid raj kissed me once again when he dropped me……………..but he loves me…what’s there?
And what makes him think he can control me……………I am 20 not even a teenager anymore, I am an adult now.
Hey and I am Swithraa don’t I know what to do and what not to??
He thinks he is everything.
“Are you drunk?”
“Swithraa …..Are you drunk?”
“YEAH I AM ……. I am drunk. Now what?”
Pat …tap……………he slapped me.
How dare he slap me??
He won’t let me live happy even for a day……..
I went in packed my bag and started leaving
Swithraa where are you going??
“I am leaving”…….”leaving where?”
Somewhere ….anywhere is better than to be here.
Why was I born a daughter to you?
He slapped me once again
You will be not talking to me like this if you are born to me…..
He went without speaking a word.
I was sitting there near his arm-chair the whole night.
In the kitchen there was that beautiful black-forest cake with wordings …………..” Happy birthday my kiddo”
Tears started flowing…………….why he has to say something like that?
Why he said I wasn’t born to him?
My grandma came sat beside me…whipped my tears and gave me an album of photos.
There was him…………..young, sturdy and handsome. He will make any girl go crazy for sure.  There she is my mother…………wow how beautiful she is…………….I knew now, why he always told I looked her.
Swithraa her name too, Swithraa and Ruftum; they must have been the best pair in college.
See how beautiful they are; form college tour to function everywhere they had stuck together.
Where is it…………………………..where are the marriage pictures?
Hmm…here it is…wait…why is this guy standing next to mom…who is this dirty guy?
Dad where are you?....... here he is still with that never fading smile….. And she is looking him in her eyes corner, with that dirty guy standing next to my mom.
“Dad then, Am I really not your daughter?”
Am I born to this dirty guy?
I sulked in my grandma’s shoulder.
She then told…… “They loved each-other. Something happened between them …call it fate, even her dad didn’t like him and she decided to leave Ruftum. Swithraa married this other guy and gave birth to you; she was anemic and lost of of blood too during the labour.
She gave birth to you and she departed from this earth.  And the guy who married her was hesitant to take you. He decided to leave you in some home.
It is then we learnt that Swithraa was never happy with marriage or even after marriage.
And then Ruftum…my stupid son …………………………………”
“He took me and loved only me since then for all these twenty years?”
“HE HAD PREFERED ME OVER CHOOSING HIS OWN LIFE?”
“Yes my dear. You had been everything to him till now.”
“And now, I hurt him.”
I cried……he is my dad though I get angry over him, I always loved him.
“He had gripped me all this while and never had let me go”
From childhood he has been my best man, he was there to hold me in my first walk, in my first school day.
He was there to teach me A B C
He was there to hold when I fell from first riding my cycle…he was there to say go ride again.
He was there for everything ……he was only there.
He has protected me shielded me like a shell that protects the skin-less creatures.
And I asked him now ……. Why I was born to you?
I now sit and wonder …..”Why I was not born to him?”
He came out …… “Sorry my dear”
Before I could spoke even a word….he said, “sorry my dear”
I just cried, cried and hugged him…….
“DAD…………………….. DAD …..Can I call you so?”
He looked at my grandmother and gave his scarring look.
He kissed me on forehead…..”If you won’t call me….. Who will Swithraa?”
“All my life I loved only 2 girls and both were named Swithraa……
If you were not going to call me…who will Swithraa?”
“Dad… I LOVE YOU” I gripped him then never wanting to leave him.
HE IS MY DAD …THE BEST DAD IN THIS WHOLE WORLD……HE IS MY FIRST MAN….THE BEST MAN IN THIS WHOLE UNIVERSE… “I LOVE YOU DAD”….




                                                                                                                                                                                            

                   Dedicated to all those loving dad – specially to my dad who has been my  man of admiration.

This story is brought out from the two pics above and the three words – THREAD, PREFER, GRIP.
WRITTEN FOR MAG-PIE TALES   MAG
WRITTEN FOR THURSDAY TALES  THURSDAY TALES
WRITTEN FOR THREE WORD WEDNESDAY THREE WORDS WEDNESDAY

Comments

  1. dats really sweet. actually d frst fathers day post im readin n dats aftr almost d entire day is over.
    i love my deddaaaa tooo! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raja - this has brought tears to my eyes. You have captured the essence of what love is all about. Family life doesn't always rely on blood to relate. This is a wonderful tale. And on Father's Day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks sadiya...... :) ...happy father's day to you too.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. lena this was too emotional....... thanks for the wonderful comment

    ReplyDelete
  5. why do you have such a name?
    'the critics'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

" THE BATTLE OF THIRUPURAMBIYAM - the victory and change of history (last episode)

THE BATTLE of 'Thirpurambiyam.' (episode 1)