"IN LOVE WITH A GODDESS"



Lost in your world
You were dancing there with eternity
Delicate and tender are you.
Yet powerful and strong are you inside.
Addictive are your moves
For I was in trance watching your dance.


Your hands waving long and singing tunes in air.
Your legs drawing paintings on earth.
Your eyes mesmerizing the skies above.
The stars forget to blink too for they were staring at you.
The moon fell in love with too and refused to leave.
And my poor soul lost somewhere deep in you never came back to me.



Call it a Fate.
For I never knew I am going to fall in love with you.
Call it a fate.
For you are a goddess and
Me just a petty peasent.
Call it a fate – but had I an Option?



Indecisious was I
For I had no choice but to love you.
Indecisious was I
For I am not aware on what to do
What to do to make you take a decision.
Call it a fate.



I know you cant stay with me
Yet I choose to stay with you.
Call it a fate.
But I call it a bless
For fell in love with a goddess
For I fell in love with you.

INSPIRED FROM THREE WORDS FATE, OPTION AND INDECISION  AND WRITTEN FOR threewordwednesday




THE PICTURE IS ONE OF A KIND- FROM THE FAMOUS TANJORE PAINTINGS.

I MAKE A METAPHORIC COMPARISON HERE ON THE ARTIST WHO FELL IN LOVE WITH A GODDESS, LOST HER AND IN HER MEMORIES SKETCHES THE PAINTING - AND ME FALLING IN LOVE WITH MY GODDESS AND IN HER MEMORIES WRITING A POEM JUST FOR HER.





( Tanjore Painting is a peculiar, ancient, miniature type of painting named after the place Thanjavur (called Tanjore in English) in Tamil Nadu, a Southern state of INDIA
Tanjore (or Thanjavur or Thanjavoor) paintings have a very rich heritage. This style of painting has been followed widely by the people in Southern Tamil Nadu for the past two centuries. The art flourished in Tanjavoor, pronounced Tanjore, the capital city of the Chola dynasty, and thus got its name. Maratha princes, Nayaks of Vijaynagar dynasty, Rajus communities of Tanjore and Trichi and Naidus of Madurai patronized the art of Tanjore painting from 16 to 18th centuries. Tanjore paintings are deeply rooted in tradition and still innovative within limits. This art is sacred and dedicated.

Tracing its roots to the historical golden era of the early 18th century, Tanjore artwork is one of the many indigenous art forms for which India is noted. Originating in Tanjore about 300 kms from Chennai( Madras), which was the then capital of the Gupta empire, this form of art developed at the height of cultural evolvement achieved during that period.

The paintings are mostly of Gods and Goddesses)

Comments

  1. very enjoyable and lovely entry,

    thanks for the thoughtfulness.

    Happy Potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really heartfelt and beautiful, divine writing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

" THE BATTLE OF THIRUPURAMBIYAM - the victory and change of history (last episode)

THE BATTLE of 'Thirpurambiyam.' (episode 1)