THE POPPY SPEAKS

'The Poppy speaks'.....



I am a poppy and I am proud to be so.
I grow in red; I grow in yellow
I grow with life; I grow with color
I grow with purpose and I grow with soul

I am a poppy and I am proud to be so.
I intend not to addict you; I intend not to lure you.
It is not something that I asked.
It's something that I got

I am a poppy and I am proud to be so.
I give you medicine; I give you oil
I give you love; I give you hope.
I give you addictive too.

I am a poppy and I am proud to be so.
If you can’t see what I am;
If you can see the negative and not the positive!
I see; the mistake is yours.

I am a poppy and I am proud to be so.
The color, the medicines, the addictive are not chosen.
The color, the medicine, the addictive are given.
I am a poppy and I can be only a poppy.

I am a poppy and I am proud to be so.
I am a poppy and I love being a poppy.


rajathecritic.



 P.S:  Here I have worked a metaphor. The poetry speaks of the protagonist 'Poppy'. But on the other side it speaks life. Like in a poppy, in life if you see the good aspects then life is colorful.
But if you see the negatives then life is alluringly filled with sorrow

Image courtesy:  Internet(santabanta.com)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

" THE BATTLE OF THIRUPURAMBIYAM - the victory and change of history (last episode)

THE BATTLE of 'Thirpurambiyam.' (episode 1)