‘HE’ AND ‘ME’

 ‘HE’ AND ‘ME’





All that has to be done has been done.
All that has to be packed is packed and wrapped.
All that has to be said is said and shed.
All that has to happen has already happened.

 Days may not be electric anymore.
‘HE’, will find a new girl.
“A girl that is vibrant and lively.
A girl that is void of wrinkles.”

Sometimes, something are meant to happen.
There is a reason, a reason so good or bad.
It’s better to accept rather analyse.
It’s better to smile than frown.

Ever since, ‘He’, the one who I married left.
‘HE’, has been my soul and purpose.
‘HE’ is the one who brought me hope.
'HE' is the one who brought me life.

‘Those were the days’ when we carelessly roamed.’
Those were the days', where we held those matching trunks
And each other’s hands as we travelled around.
Those were the days that are long gone.

Today he is to set foot on a new venture.
A new journey; himself carrying both the trunks.
It is his journey and so I choose to be alone in this ‘savage’ world
I hopped, jumped and closed those trunks.

There he came, my ‘passionate’ love.
Beautiful as the day I held him ‘naked’ in my hands.
Beautiful as the day he suckled my nipples and tasted my milk.
Beautiful as the day when he first called me ‘ma’.

Packed and ready was he with his new backpack.
He has grown! But for me, still a kid.
I kept the old trunks aside;
For I understood ‘old trunks’ and ‘ma’ not needed more.

‘“Ma”, ‘Let’s go. And yours I have packed.’
Pointing his backpack, he said.
He took the trunks and my hands.
‘”Ma”, you thought I will go without you? ‘


Tears …..is all that I had as an answer.


Rajathecritic



Imagined from the picture provided in  magpietales

Wriiten usng the three words ' electric, passionate and savage from threewordwednesday

Posted in jinglepoetry

Comments

  1. A beautiful little story, beautifully told...

    ReplyDelete
  2. always hard to let go but it has to be done!!...lovely writing..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, one must do what one must! Eloquently told.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a touching tale from this Magpie prompt ..beautiful ..well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So poignant , this passage of life , like the life cycle of some verdant primeval vegetation

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

" THE BATTLE OF THIRUPURAMBIYAM - the victory and change of history (last episode)

Break up dialogues