The Price

                                           THE PRICE
 

 
 
 
I kept smiling outside.
But I keep crying inside.
I am focussed outside.
But, I face nightmares inside.
 
I bought a shell,
And I armoured my worries inside.
I created a mask,
And I hid my sadness with it.
 
I took silence outside.
But I am not at peace inside.
I took confidence outside.
But I doubt, myself, inside.
 
I choose to continue, for I have a purpose.
But, I choose those four walls, to bury my secrets.
I choose to continue, for I should live and not exist.
But, I choose darkness and solitude every-day, to shed all that inside.
 
You should have known me better.
You should have known ,that it will shatter me.
You should have given a thought.
Or maybe you have known it all and still made your choice!!
 
‘Love’ is not a game, to be played.
‘Life’ is not ‘mistake’, to commit and correct.
‘Trust’ is not a ‘Clay pot’, to break and repair.
‘Commitment’ is not that you give and take back.
 
Baby, I keep smiling for I chose to do so.
Baby, I keep walking for I chose to do so.
Baby, I keep living for I chose to do so.
But that doesn’t mean I am not hurt.
 
Ilaboured’ hard for us, till the end.
Yet you chose to ‘Jab’ and you hoped it will heal.
I toiled hard for us, till the end.
Yet, you quoted reasons, and made me a ‘makeshift’.

 
Price that I paid, for your confusions and mistakes;
Price that I paid, for your doubts and in-decisiveness,
Price that I paid, for your choices is costly.
The price that I paid is ‘Me’.
 
TheCritics
Used three words from http://www.threewordwednesday.com
Jab, verb: poke (someone or something) roughly or quickly, especially with something sharp or pointed; poke someone or something roughly or quickly with (a sharp or pointed object or a part of the body); noun: a quick, sharp blow, especially with the fist, a sharp painful sensation or feeling.
 
Labored, adjective: done with great effort and difficulty, (especially of humor or a performance) not spontaneous or fluent.
 
Makeshift, adjective: serving as a temporary substitute; sufficient for the time being; noun: a temporary substitute or device.
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

" THE BATTLE OF THIRUPURAMBIYAM - the victory and change of history (last episode)

Break up dialogues