'An escape from commonness'
Have you taken a trip? Have you taken a long trip? Have you taken the one by road? And have you taken it recently? If not pack your bag and go explore the world that was created just for you.
To escape from the clutches of routine realms, to escape from the vicinity of boring familiarity, and to escape from the hostility of an envious society, the modern man’s medicine is travelling. For some travel is just an escape. For some travel is passion. I can boast myself into the second category. After burning over 50,000 miles on trips in bikes and after contributing sufficiently to the carbon foot print; I/we took on our first long road trip by car. Have you known someone buying a car for a road trip? Yes, we did it! We planned on 6000 km trip covering 8 states. But, the car arrived late and our leave couldn’t be managed, and finally we settled for a short trip to Goa. The final plan was made the day before and few excited souls hopped in for a 2500km trip.
Trip: Chennai to Goa via Dandeli.
Chennai to Dandeli 820kms.
Dandeli to Goa 100kms
Goa to Chennai via Mollem and catching AH 47 925kms
5.00PM To 8.00 AM with pit stop only for food and tea.
Dandeli to Goa had many pit stops.
Goa to Chennai (925kms)
4.30 AM to 6.30PM with pit stops for food and tea.
CHENNAI TO DANDELI:
The road is predominantly good till you reach SH46. Only the last few kilometres to Dandeli will be a bad stretch. Be careful about the time you hit a Chennai Bangalore highway, on any day an evening travel is not ideal, and that too on a Sunday never take a evening travel.
Time spent in Dudhsagar: 3 hours
Travel cost to falls in allowed boleros 400 per head.
1. Wake up late in a north beach of Goa.
2. Take a slow walk and shop alongside the beach shops.
3. Eat and relish the ‘Goa’ sea foods.
4. Explore an unexplored beach by the extreme north or south. The Arambol beach, Mandrem beach, Palolem beaches are few to mention. We hit an unknown beach called ‘Sridao’ just for sunset. With us there were just few countable souls there. The resting sun and its breath taking view made the day for us.
5. Rest and hit for water sports and dolphin spotting the next day. The best place for water sporting is ‘Mobor beach’. If you are a good swimmer you can try snorkeling in the ‘Bogmalo Beach’.
6. Relax back at Panjim for a day with river cruise and casino.
7. Shop around and choose from wide variety of foods in the busy markets of Panjim.
8. If you are a history buff, do visit the ‘Basilica of Bom Jesus’ and many other churches around. Also the forts of Goa are an definite attraction.
Remember the best way to explore goa is to rent and ride a bike. If you are on a road trip with your own ride, it’s well and good. We couldn’t afford days around in Goa. But we pretty much covered everything. We ended our trip in ‘Panjim’ with some little shopping and a grand fish platter.
THE JOURNEY BACK:
The never understood language and the ever interesting rituals,
The interesting stories and the new learned lessons.
The new formed bonds and the new understood meaning
Much more awaits and waits for us!
Warm your heart; keep it open to accept ‘new’.
Hold my hand, and let’s go on a ride.
The ride is long and warrants some tiresome.
But why to fear when I am near?
Why to get lost in those routine realms?
Why not to redefine in the path of nature?
Decide and let’s take that journey.
Decide and let’s escape this mortality!
Let’s catch that train, the one that never stops.
Let’s fly that plane, the one that never lands.
Let’s travel that road, the one that never ends.
Let’s ride and ride beyond, to that new moon and the new world.
Let’s search our destiny and reach our freedom.
Let’s travel together ‘The Journey’, and the ‘Journey of life’.